Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events Honored For Excellence With 2017 WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Award®
Engagement season is here ladies and gents! While some of us are only worried about what to buy everyone for the upcoming holiday season, some of you out there are in deep planning mode on how to pop the question to your special someone.
The story of your engagement will be something that you tell to friends and family (even strangers!) for the rest of your life. I just recently told my daughters how my hubby proposed to me - they've asked me to repeat at least 10 times since then. Our story was set on a beautiful beach in Aruba. We were out in the water enjoying a gorgeous sunny day (on my birthday!) when he asked me to dig for shells with him. I said to him, "hon, there are no shells on this beach." His reply, "just dig!" So I dug, out on a sandbar, for shells. I wasn't paying any attention to him until he said, "look what I found" and out popped a beautiful ring box from deJohnghe Jewelers (located in Saratoga Springs, NY.) To be completely honest, I can't remember exactly what he said when he asked me to marry him. I just knew I couldn't wait to say yes.
So, our advice to all of you out there planning your proposal, make it memorable, make it personal. Below are some very romantic, fun & foolproof ways to ask your lobster (had to throw in a "Friends" reference!) to marry you!
1) Choose a favorite place you both enjoy going to - a local park, a favorite restaurant, rooftop hotel (We love the Pavilion Grand Hotel in Saratoga Springs). Ask someone nearby to take a picture of the two of you. As they're about to take it, drop to one knee.
2) Send your soon to be fiancé on a treasure hunt. Begin at home with a clue and send your partner all over town to your favorite places/hangouts. End the hunt with your proposal. My hubby did this for our 10th anniversary and it was one of the best days of my life!
3) Hire a skywriter
4) Plan a fun, romantic getaway. On the plane propose at 30,000 feet via loudspeaker (with permission of course!)
5) Take your sweetie to special night in a local hotel. While your out to dinner have the hotel staff setup your room with champagne, flowers and candles. You just need to supply the ring!!
6) Spell out "Will you marry me?" with glow in the dark sticks and tape them to the ceiling in your bedroom. When it's time for bed, turn out the lights and wait for the, "OH MY GOD!!" You could also do this with fridge magnets. Ask your honey to get you a drink and be right behind them on bended knee.
7) Setup a trail of candles in your apartment/house that lead to a circle of votive candles enclosing the engagement ring.
8) Tie a ribbon throughout your house. Start in one area of your home and connect with notes of some of your favorite memories as a couple. Be at the end of the ribbon when your partner gets there with the ring!
9) Have a custom "Will you marry me?" jigsaw puzzle created. Click the link to find some ideas.
10) Take an idea out of "Love Actually". Have someone take pictures of you with signs that say, "Will" "You" "Marry" "Me". Text your partner each picture individually. When you send the last one show up with and pop the question!
11) Call your favorite restaurant and have them put the ring on the dessert tray as a selection. You can also try the time-honored tradition of putting the ring in a glass of champagne. Just make sure your sweetie doesn't choke on it!!
12) Another restaurant idea...have the pastry chef write on the rim of your partners dessert plate, "Will you marry me?" in chocolate sauce.
13) Since it is the Holiday season, try stringing lights to read, "Will you marry me" on the front lawn. Ask your partner to come out and see the holiday decorations you've put up. Then have a friend flip the switch or plug the lights in to reveal your message.
14) Take your partner on a romantic weekend away up in the Mountains. Sneak away and write in the snow (with snow paint), "Will you marry me". Then take your partner on a snow shoe excursion to where your sign is, bend down on one knee and pop the question. If you're near at ski resort you could ask staff to write it out for you at the top. Take your partner for a gondola ride to reveal your message.
15) There's no better time then Christmas or New Year's Eve to pop the question. Hang the ring as an ornament on your tree. After you're done opening gifts tell your partner you forgot one gift. Instruct them to look for it on the tree. Once he or she has found it, get on that knee!
16) New Year's Eve at midnight....enough said!
Now that you've got your proposal figured out make sure to call us to help start planning your big day!
There's something about walking into a house like Villa Nirvana, it makes you feel like you're walking through a piece of history. And that is exactly what you are doing! Villa Nirvana was built in 1897 by a wealthy businessman from New York City, John Boulton Simpson, who was one of the founders of the Green Island Improvement Company. Simpson later became the President of the company.
Villa Nirvana was and remains a showplace. We were beyond thrilled to have learned about the house in the Spring of 2015. We were contacted by a good friend who had just been recently engaged. Cira and Cory were set on using Villa Nirvana as part as their wedding day. They decided to utilize the house to house the entire wedding party and hold the ceremony and "super" cocktail hour on the beautiful grounds. Click here to see photos of their stunning wedding day - photos by Dave Bigler Photography.
The house is adjacent to the Sagamore Resort, which makes it very convenient for the wedding couple/event host to accommodate additional guests. The Sagamore Resort is an easy 5 minute walk from the estate! The "Happy House" is famous for its many porches with terrific southern views. It can be rented year round and can accommodate up to 18 people. It is air-conditioned with nine bedrooms and 6 ½ baths.
Not only is Villa Nirvana a perfect location for a wedding, it's also a fantastic spot for a family reunion, special Birthday Celebration, Anniversaries, Bar Mitzvahs, Bat Mitzvahs, Graduation Parties, Engagement Parties, Holiday Parties, Corporate Retreats, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, even a girl/guy weekend away! Anything you can imagine we can make happen here! It will be an event you won't forget!
Wendy Lawrence Weddings & Events is proud to be the preferred Wedding & Event Coordinator for this amazing property. To get more information on pricing or to schedule a site tour of Villa Nirvana call us at 518-928-4906 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org